To our JeffStreet Family,
We are so excited to be gathering again for worship! We have missed seeing all of you in person so much and we can’t wait to see each of you. We also want to be careful and considerate of each other. We formed a team of JeffStreet members who have worked hard to help us figure out how best to gather safely. Based on their work:
- We will gather at 9:00 a.m. and 10:45 a.m. as usual
- Everyone will enter through the main foyer doors
- There will be no classes for adults or children – all children will stay with their families
- Our live services will be streamed online just as the recorded services have been
- Ushers will direct families to seating
- We will all keep social distance
- Hand sanitizer will be available in the foyer and we ask that you use it on your way in
- Masks are optional but encouraged as protection for others
- At the end of service, please wait to be released by ushers to avoid congestion as we exit
- Please feel free to continue to worship online if health issues or small children are concerns
The CDC is still learning regarding how long COVID-19 can live on surfaces like clothing, paper, plastic, or other common objects. Depending on the material, the coronavirus can live on surfaces like countertops and doorknobs anywhere from several hours to days. We will have a hand sanitizer spray as well as hand sanitizer at the door on Sunday morning and ushers will spray your hands or you may use the hand sanitizer. The middle doors in the front of the building will be open so that no one will have to touch the handles. Other doors will not be used. The doors and other hard surfaces will be sanitized between services.
If you must cough or sneeze, please do so on the inside of your elbow or use a tissue. Used tissue should be thrown in the trash and hands washed.
Speaking to one another from a safe distance is encouraged. Our corporate greeting time/donuts and coffee will be temporarily suspended.
Personal Protective Equipment
You are encouraged to wear a mask for the protection and consideration of others. If you need or want a mask there will be some available at the entrance. Masks are not mandatory for worship; social distancing will be followed.
Distancing should always be practiced. Rows will be set at 8-10 feet apart. Families may sit together and will be instructed by ushers to leave at least 3 or 4 chairs between themselves and others. Ushers will help seat people as they arrive.
There will not be handouts, the bulletins will be online. There will not be Bibles, paper, or pens in the chairs. Feel free to bring your own if you like to take notes.
We will be using the individual communion sets that are prepackaged if available. Worshipers will be instructed to hold out their hands if they would like communion and an usher (wearing a mask and gloves) will place a communion set in their hands.
There will be a box at the back of the worship center for your offering Sunday morning. You may also continue to give online, via mail, or by dropping it off at the church office during the week.
Praise God for His love and grace! We are so looking forward to being together again! Remember, JeffStreet, we are blessed to be a blessing. Be the Church!